A good way to build your list is to offer Forum Membership in exchange for a user’s email.
These steps will allow you to setup your Optin page that once a user opted in, they will have access on your Forum.
You can give full access or selected category only.
To give access to a Forum
- Go to Campaigns in the left-sidebar menu, then select the relevant campaign you want to edit.
- Click on + Add New Page.
- Enter a name for your Optin Page
- From the Page Template drop-down, select Optin Pages.
- Select the Optin Page template you prefer.
- Once done, the Optin Page settings will open.
- You can edit any aspect of the Optin Page simply by clicking on the Page Element in the Preview Pane.
- To edit the Optin form, click on Form Settings in the left-sidebar menu.
- Under When user submits the form, choose an action.
- If you selected an emailing system, select the tag from the drop-down menu.
If you have selected Send details to webform, paste your email webform code in the Email System Webform code field.
- Tick Register to Forum. Under Forum Access Type, select either Give Forum Full Access or Specific Forum Category.
+ Give Forum Full Access – grant full access to your forum. All categories will be accessible.
+ Specific Forum Category = grant access to specific forum category only. Upon select, another drop down menu will appear to allow you to select the Forum Category.
- Under Redirect to on Optin, select the page you would like users redirected to once they have opted in.
- Once done, click on SAVE CHANGES.